Thursday, 22 Feb 2024

A 6-year-old girl in the UK nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald's

news24xx


A 6-year-old girl in the UK nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald'sA 6-year-old girl in the UK nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald's

News24xx.com - A 6-year-old girl in the UK nearly choked on a chicken nugget from McDonald's, according to her mother, who said she found a surgical mask baked into it.

"I had to put my finger in her mouth to make her sick and it came up all speckled with blue," 32-year-old Laura Arber told BBC News. Arber said she examined the nuggets after her daughter, Maggie, started choking on her Happy Meal. She said the nugget filling contained mangled pieces of a protective face mask.

Arber said she initially was unsure what the blue bits were but noticed similar pieces in the other nuggets in the box.

Read more: Dor! This Man's Intestine Explodes After Eating A Bowl Of Dumpling Soup

www.jualbuy.com

"It was a mask, it was absolutely baked into it, it had gone like chewing gum," Arber told BBC News. "It was disgusting."

"If I hadn't been in the room I just don't know what could have happened," she added.

The incident occurred after she bought the nuggets at a McDonald's location in Aldershot, a town in the Rushmoor district of Hampshire, England, at around 6 p.m. on Tuesday, she said, according to Hampshire Live. After discovering the tainted nuggets at home, Arber said she returned to the McDonalds location, where she said did not receive an apology and was unhappy that the location did not immediately stop serving the nuggets, Hampshire Live reported.

"I just couldn't believe the way the management was handling it," Arber said.

Read more: Can't Eat Meat? Here Are 10 Sources of Vegetable Protein That Can Be Good For You To Take

McDonald's UK did not return Insider's request for comment on Wednesday. It told BBC News in a statement that it's investigating the incident.

"As soon as we were made aware of the issue we opened a full investigation with the relevant supplier, and have taken action to ensure any product from this batch is removed from restaurants," the company said.

It added: "We would like to offer a full apology to the customer in question and understand they are currently in conversation with our customer services team."

"Just because it says it's a Happy Meal doesn't mean it's safe," Arber told the BBC.





loading...
Versi Mobile
Most Popular
Loading...