news24xx.com
Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020

Don't Eat Randomly! A 34-Year-Old Woman Died After Eating Black Mushroom That She Soaked in Water Overnight

news24xx


 Ear fungus Ear fungus

News24xx.com - A 34-year-old woman dies after eating black fungus (or cloud ear fungus). Previously, she had soaked the mushroom in water for too long.

According to China Press, the incident occurred in Dongguan, Guangdong province. The woman has soaked mushrooms in water for use in her cooking but only used a portion while the rest were left soaking in water for use the following day.

These black mushrooms are usually sold in dry form, and must be soaked in warm water for at least one hour before consumption, according to Healthline.

Read more: This is Hana Hanifah explanation about her case

www.jualbuy.com

However, because the woman let it soak overnight, a type of bacteria has grown on the fungus which causes the woman to experience symptoms of nausea and black stool after eating it. She was then rushed to the hospital for treatment.

The woman was diagnosed with acute liver failure and was admitted to the intensive care unit, but due to high medical costs, the woman was moved back to the house where her family cared for her. However, she suffered several organ failures and eventually died.

Read more: Jake Paul’s Calabasas Home Raided by the FBI

The doctor then discovered a poison in his blood and urine called bongrekic acid, which was caused by the production of the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa in the black fungus.

Experts have shown that black fungus itself has no toxins, but if soaked in water for too long, bacteria can grow. They noted that black mold must be soaked in cold water or in the refrigerator for about one to two hours and no more than four hours and certainly not overnight! When buying fresh, make sure it is not sticky, smelly or slimy.





loading...
Versi Mobile
Loading...